Time: 1 hr 30 mins
- 385g tinned pie apples
- 125ml sugar
- 125ml raisins
- 5ml ground cinnamon
- 20ml lemon juice
- 125g margarine
- 125ml caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 500ml cake flour
- 10ml baking powder
- 2ml salt
- Mix the filling ingredients together in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain off excess juice. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat together margarine and sugar.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Sieve together the dry ingredients and add to mixture to form a soft dough.
- Press half the dough into a greased 23cm pie dish. Spoon filling on top.
- Coarsely grate the rest of the dough over the filling.
- Bake in the Remoska for 1 hour. Serve hot or cold.
Made in the Grand Remoska