Time: 30 mins
- 40g butter
- 40g flour
- 400ml apple juice (can be mixed with water and/or some white wine)
- 60ml milk
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 350g cooked diced chicken
- 4 sliced cooked carrots
- 6 rashers streaky bacon
- 400g packet puff pastry
- Beaten egg and milk to glaze
- Melt butter in saucepan, stir in flour, and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add apple juice and milk, stirring continuously.
- Bring to the boil, and simmer for 2 minutes. Season to taste.
- Stir in the diced chicken and carrots. Turn into a 1L pie dish.
- Remove rind from bacon, spread each rasher flat, cut in half and roll up.
- Grill it lightly and add to pie.
- Roll out pastry and cover pie Make a small hole in the centre and brush with glaze
- Place in in Remoska for 20-25 minutes, until pastry is golden and well risen
Made in the Grand Remoska